Electronic Fingerprints from Outside Canada
Electronic processing significantly reduces processing times when there is no match to an RCMP fingerprint holding. Electronic fingerprint submissions to the RCMP are not currently available outside of Canada. Ink fingerprints must be sent to an accredited company within Canada who are able to digitize ink fingerprints (known as Cardscan) and submit them electronically to the RCMP.
Please complete our on line request form and we will complete all the documentation necessary. We then send you everything you need to take to your local police service or accredited fingerprint company in order to have your fingerprints taken. You will then forward all the completed documents to PFSI for digitization and electronic submission.
PFSI will process your prints the same day they are received and the RCMP will have the results certified and in the mail within 72 hours.
- Prepare a C-216C fingerprint form and 3rd Party Consent on your behalf. E-mail you the required documents with completion instructions
- Digital conversion of your fingerprints
- Encryption of your prints using RCMP approved NIST compliant software
- Electronic transmission fees
- RCMP processing fees
- All Federal and Provincial taxes.
- Electronic confirmation when the RCMP have completed the electronic search of your prints
*Payment is processed only when we have received your inked prints in our offices in Canada.
- To conduct a certified criminal record check we require a full set of original ink fingerprints, including both rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers.
- Reason for the request
- Where and to whom you want the results sent
Identification of police service or fingerprinting agency
Verify the information recorded by the official taking your fingerprints and ensure that the official’s name and signature, and the name of the agency are indicated on your fingerprint form.
Reason for Request
Clearly indicate the reason for your certified criminal record check:
- Adoptions – Canadian and International
- Foreign travel – Visas, U.S. Waivers, Border Crossing
- Employment Footnote* – federal, provincial, municipal governments; private industry; Canadian police forces
- Volunteer work Footnote*
- Applications for immigration to Canada Footnote**
- Applications for Canadian Citizenship
- Applications to obtain criminal record to apply for a Pardon
- Name change
- Permanent residency in foreign countries (all countries except Canada)
* Applicants for employment or volunteer work must specify the job title or position sought in the “REASON FOR APPLICATION” on the on line form.
** Applicants for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case.
Ensure you provide the information below via our on line form:
- your full name
- date of birth
- reason for application
- name person/organization and address of where you want the results sent
- your physical descriptors (height, weight etc.)
- passport style photo (direct upload from our on line request from)
- copies of 2 x pieces of government issued identification (scanned and uploaded using our on line request form, one must have your picture on it).
- mailing address
- phone number
- and/or fax number
- and/or e-mail address
All police certificates are mailed by the RCMP directly to the address you have specified within 72 hours of being submitted electronically. We have no control over when the certificates will be received nor can we tell if they have been mailed out. Typical delivery times for certificates mailed by the RCMP are approximately 15 business days for international clients.
Although fingerprint submissions are accepted by PFSI via courier, civil product results (Certified Criminal Record) will not be sent by the RCMP via courier. The RCMP only sends results by regular mail.
Wait times for a criminal record checks vary depending on many different factors such as:
- The number of applications received at different times of the year
- Quality of the inked fingerprints
- The amount of manual processing related to the application
- Delivery destination and quality of mail service.
NOTE: When there is a match to a criminal holding or when manual processing is required, processing times can take up to or exceed 120 days.
If you require an update on the status of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing ONLY the following information:
Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Type of application you submitted – (Vulnerable Sector Check, Criminal Record Check)
- Date your application was submitted to the RCMP
- Daytime phone number where you can be reached on weekdays